what bloggers eat? I know I do! Don’t get me wrong, I love looking at outfit posts but I often wonder what my fave bloggers do behind the scenes. What do they eat for dinner? What’s their favorite snacks? Do they drink wine? Etc.
If you follow me on instagram then you already have a
pretty good idea of what I am snacking on! But for those of you that don’t I thought I’d share one of my
favorite recipes today.
I don’t know
about you all, but when it’s hot outside during the summer months I tend to not
want to eat heavy dinners. I like lighter dishes like salads and fruit that are
still filling but won’t weigh me down. One of my favorite go-to dinners is this
delicious pasta salad! It’s so simple and easy to make! I usually whip this up
in about 30 minutes, add a glass of white wine, and sit on my back deck to
forgive me, I am not good at measurements and I usually just eyeball ingredients
when I am cooking so I’ll list the ingredients below and you can just portion
them out accordingly.
1 can of sliced
Box of your
fave pasta for salads (I use rigatoni or bowtie, you can also use orzo or
yellow bell peppers (chopped)
chicken breast (optional)
1. Boil a large pot of water. Add olive oil and salt water. Add pasta and boil 4-5 minutes or until tender but still firm.
2. Drain pasta and let cool.
3. In pan, sautee kale (spinach) and asparagus with minced garlic.
4. Cut cherry tomatoes in half
5. In large bowl combine pasta, kale, asparagus, peppers, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. Stir all ingredients together.
6. Once all ingredients have been combined, squeeze half a lemon (Watch out for seeds!) and add grated Parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper to taste.
Voila!! Dinner is served. I make this often with out meat, but feel free to add shrimp, chicken, or whatever meat you fancy to it! I usually serve it while it’s still a little warm but it taste great the next day refrigerated for lunch! 🙂
What are some of your Summer go-to meals?