I was talking with some of my blog friends about resolutions and how busy-ness sometimes gets in the way of those goals. So we thought what better way to ensure we stick to them than to host a monthly link-up!
We decided we were going to focus on 2 things we really wanted to work on in 2013.
1. Cooking a good meal at home: This keeps waistlines skinnier and wallets fatter. Being that we are all working women (and bloggers), we decided this part of the challenge would be a crockpot meal.
2. Pushing our personal style limits: We’ve realized that we all tend to stick to what we know and what we are comfortable with when purchasing and styling our outfits. So this part of the challenge will expand our closets and encourage us to try new things. Even if it’s something we wear regularly, we can learn to style it a different way. We are pushing the pink, glittery, fashion envelope here people!!
This is how the challenge works:
We have compiled a list of 12 main ingredients and 12 key style pieces (1 per month) that we want to try throughout 2013. Each month, 1 main ingredient and 1 key style piece will be drawn from the envelope Top Chef style. The main ingredient and style piece will be announced the first Tuesday of each month.
The second Tuesday of each month will be the reveal and link-up of the crockpot meal. The fun thing about this is that you can decide how you want to incorporate the main ingredient. It may be the entree or the dessert or in the sauce you make to go along with your meal. Our hope is that we will all come together and learn more yummy recipes to share with our family and realize that cooking at home is do-able even with a busy schedule.
The third Tuesday of each month will be the reveal and link-up of the key style piece. The best part of this is that you will be encouraged to try new ways of wearing certain pieces that you may already own and you will see how other people style the same piece, teaching you ways to try in the future. Our hope is that, with a little direction, we will all feel comfortable incorporating new styles into our current fashion picks. If you don’t already own the piece, you may be inspired to purchase something out of your purchase-norm and you may even find something you love!
The rules of the link-up:
1. Follow all 4 hosts of the link-up via GFC or Bloglovin’.
2. Create your own interpretation of the crockpot challenge and fashion challenge.
3. Link the button in your post so that more women may be intrigued to join.
4. Share your link on the reveal day.
5. In proper blogger etiquette, visit some of the other blogs, make new friends, and share fab ideas!
Because it’s January and we are introducing this a little late, the reveal dates will be slightly different this month. The fashion challenge link-up will be January 22nd. We look forward to seeing what you have in store!
This month’s key ingredients: Soup and Layering.
Now I know that was A LOT to read so I’ll spare your eyes a lengthy recipe and show the a picture instead 🙂
Why isn’t is a personal picture you ask? Welllll, I DID make some soup and I was so excited about how well it came out that I just ladled it out in bowls (TWO scrumptious bowls, to be exact!) then afterwards realized I never took pics! So here you go, a stock photo. Boom. Sue me. I’ll remember to take pics next time. Pinky promise.